11.19.2012

Re-entering the work force after being a SAHM

I haven't been as active on this blog this month as I wanted, but that is mainly because most of my online time has been devoted to job hunting. You heard that right, I am (hopefully) going to be gainfully employed soon! We were surviving on one income, but- this sounds so cliche, but it really is true- rising healthcare costs have completely eaten away what little wiggle room we had. So it looks like the Downright Domicile will be joining the ranks of two-income families once again!

Since it makes no financial sense to put the kiddos in daycare, I am going to be working from home.

Just replace that bench with a couch, and there I am!
(photo source)

I have much experience in administrative duties, and have some killer English skillz (see what I did there?), so I'm focusing on freelance writing and virtual assistant-type work. I loved doing independent contractor work with  the symphony and opera company in Oklahoma, and I'm excited to do something along those lines again!

So if you're wondering why I've been so scarce this month, that's the reason why. Wish me luck on the hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...