7.05.2010

Use It Up, Wear It Out: Grapenuts (Day 1)

My Use It Up, Wear It Out Challenge began tonight, when I was absolutely starving. There is a definite lack of snack foods around this house, which is pretty devastating for a pregnant lady. I rummaged around the pantry and found this:





Also known as Grape Nuts, for the more brand-conscious. This has been sitting around for at least six months. Six months ago, I remembered absolutely loving Grape-Nuts- I mean, "Nutty Nuggets"- in high school, so I bought a box. Unfortunately, I grew a couple wisdom teeth between high school and now, and thus I came to the literally painful realization that Grape-Nuts now wedge perfectly in my gums. Not fun!


Believe it or not, you can use Grape-Nuts to make these:






Also known as delicious muffins!


The recipe I used is found here. What I liked about this recipe:

  • It calls for applesauce (another thing that's been in the fridge forever! Score!)
  • Whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar-- brown sugar. And that's it.
  • A good amount of cinnamon (my ingredient of choice!)

This was a definite win.


If you are also using up things in your pantry, feel free to link a post about it here!



The Use It Up Saga:

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Looks good and good work! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can do with your pantry items!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...