6.15.2010

Works For Me Wednesday: Baked Goods Topper


I am sucker for cinnamon. I put it on everything! So when I came up with this idea, my life changed. :-D

What you need is an empty shaker (I reused an empty spice container). Add equal amounts cinnamon and sugar, shake to combine, and viola! A very convenient cinnamon-sugar dispenser! This makes for a very easy, mess-free garnish for all your baked goods: muffins, sweet breads, and of course, cinnamon toast. Sprinkle a generous amount on your banana bread before baking, and you will have a delicious, carmelized crust that is to die for!

This is much easier than the method I grew up with, which involved a large container and a spoon. A sprinkle container definitely Works for Me!

Want more helpful hints? Stop by the Works for Me Wednesday Carnival, hosted by We Are THAT Family!

1 comment:

  1. Great tip! I do the same thing with cinnamon sugar and keep it in a parmesan shaker. Luckily, I don't have an ant problem!!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...