2.27.2010

Q: What goes *whoosh whoosh* and is incredibly difficult to find?

A: My baby's heartbeat!

After last weekend, in the absence of any warning signs or discomfort, I decided that there was no cause for concern over not hearing Baby D's heartbeat. So I called up the midwives and asked if we could just wait another week or two before scheduling an ultrasound. So yesterday, a week after the last appointment, I went in to go hunting for Baby D's heartbeat again.

Can I just say how much I love going to the midwife's office? It always smells sooooooo good in there, and it's very comfortable and homey! Can I live there, please?

Anyways, after about fifteen minutes of searching with the Doppler, I was starting to get frustrated. Baby's No Show, Act 1, Scene 2. Sigh. And then--

whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh.

Success! Turns out, my baby likes to hang out waaaaaaaaaay down at the bottom of the uterus. So that's the happy ending to my mini pregnancy drama.

1 comment:

  1. We had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and could SEE the baby's heartbeat, but it wasn't until 18 weeks that they looked for it with the dopplar and we could hear it :) Isn't it the most incredible thing in the WHOLE WORLD?!?!?! I couldn't keep from grinning :P

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...