2.19.2010

The Midwife Visit...

... did not go well today. The midwife, after several minutes of trying to find the fetal heartbeat, turned and asked, "Are you sure about the date?" I replied affirmatively, to which she told me that she was concerned about not finding a heartbeat at Week 14.

So now I have to make an hour-long drive for a lovely expensive ultrasound, even though I'm pretty sure everything's okay. I just had a morning sickness episode twenty minutes ago, for crying out loud!- and I'm definitely bigger than I was last week.

Ooh! Speaking of which, here's my fourteen week picture:




That thing you see sticking out from under the door is the paw of my other cat, who, I suppose, felt slighted at being left out of the last belly picture.

So anyways, I'm not too concerned, besides wondering where the heck my baby's heart is. :-P That ornery baby just couldn't be easy and let us get a heartbeat! Baby D. certainly doesn't get that from my side!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...