3.24.2009

Works For Me Wednesday: One Old Banana



It has happened to everybody: you come home from the store with a beautiful, slightly green bunch of bananas. One by one, they are eaten, until you have forgotten all about that bunch you brought home. A couple weeks later, you find one pitiful banana languishing in the bottom of the fruit basket, sporting an unpleasant brown-and-black coat.


(Now THAT is one bad banana!)


"Aha!" You say. "This looks like the perfect opportunity to make banana bread!" Unfortunately, every recipe seems to call for at least two bananas. If only your unfortunate fruit had a friend!

Here is where you take that one banana... and put it in a batch of pancakes! Maybe add some chopped walnuts, or some chocolate chips, if you really want a balanced breakfast :-D (wait-- what? Chocolate isn't a food group??). This instantly jazzes up your breakfast and becomes something that you'd pay six bucks to eat at IHOP. Works for me!

Check out all the other great ideas at We Are THAT Family!

5 comments:

  1. The banana would be great in making a small batch of muffins. We love banana-chocolate chip muffins!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your banana art...he looks an awful lot like Johnny Depp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! I freeze all my old bananas & add them to the kids smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I would have never thought of that. I am going to do that for sure next time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started throwing my bananas in the freezer, but I have a really small freezer and I kept forgetting about them so I really like this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...