12.03.2008

Cheap Drink: Fake Arizona Tea

Of all the drinks in the world, one that is guaranteed to drive my husband wild is sweet iced tea (for further proof, click here). I made the following recipe for him, and he was absolutely delighted! The recipe says to use green tea bags, but I didn't have any, so I just used regular Lipton. I also halved the original amount of honey (that stuff is expensive!), but Adam never missed it. So here is how I made it:


ALMOST ARIZONA (GREEN) TEA

  • 1 gallon water, boiled
  • 2 tea bags
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 T honey
  • 1/4 cup + 2 T lemon juice

Steep tea bags in hot water for 1 hour. Add remaining ingredients, and serve over ice.


Price breakdown:
  • Water= free
  • Tea bags= $.10
  • Honey= $.28
  • Sugar= $.13
  • Lemon juice= $.37
Total cost= $.88
Cost per 8-oz cup= $.06

This is one of those rare occasions when I actually like doing math. Ohhhhhhh, yeah!

1 comment:

  1. We are waiting for the next idea.
    I have to try the Arizona Tea thingie. What would you take to a Christmas party to knock their socks off?....Hint...am looking for a recipe from your reception.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...