4.14.2010

Where's My Piece of Cake?














I like a good party.

And let me tell you, things are looking festive over at 5 Minutes for Mom! So I decided to get my groove on, grab a party hat, and join in the fun! Welcome to my blog!

So, a little about myself. I am a recent college graduate who is trying to help my husband follow suit. Any semester now! I am five months pregnant with our first baby, and am thrilled beyond words to be starting a family.

Here we are last year at Six Flags. I love my husband tons and tons!

I am a musician by trade. I trained for most of my life to be a violinist, but an unfortunate wrist injury in college caused me to pursue voice for the past few years. Nowadays, I sing with the city Opera chorus and work a day job. Eventually, I'd like to turn my focus more towards orchestral work and resume playing with the local Symphony, and teach private lessons, as well.


This blog mostly centers around my earnest and sometimes amusing attempts to get my domicile under control. I am particularly interested in being frugal, environmentally kind, and crafty (as in, make a huge mess of the house do crafts).

Here are a few of my favorite posts:





And any one of my Works for Me Wednesday posts.


*******************

Now, what would a party be without party favors? Let me tell you which ones I'd love to win!

1. USC61- A Sleepy Wrap baby carrier
2.USC58- Golden Canyon Heritage Candle
3. USC33- $50 gift card to Lindt Chocolate
4. USC22- Cushie Pushie breast support pillow for nursing moms
5. US57- beginner yoga kit
6. US7- Tupperware Prize Pack
7. US9- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
8. US49- $25 Starbucks gift card
9. US18- Goody Basket for Mom
10. US68- Scentsy Warmer with 3 scents

****************

Thank you for stopping by and joining in the fun! Now, to go find that piece of cake...

10 comments:

  1. Stopping by for the party! Congrats on your pregnancy....I am due next week with my second. Kids are such a Joy to have.
    Come visit me at http://spottedsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! nice to meet yeah! catchin y'all from UBP! Feel free to visit me at Life Can't Wait and Up Now and What's Next. See yah!

    congrats on the new baby! im your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great prize choices! Don't forget to show your favorite sponsors some linky love, it's never too late to edit your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the UBP. It's always neat to "meet" other young christian wives and mothers. :-)

    ~ Carrie ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your baby! You'll love being a mom. I feel you on the school thing. My husband just finished his MBA and I feel like we've been students forever now.

    My party post is here -
    http://tinyurl.com/y4lcoop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there...popping in again for the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Congrats on the pregnancy...you will love being a mommy! Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the picture on your blog header. Is that from where you live? Love it! Hope you're having fun at UBP10. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by to say hi, just returning the greeting.
    Congrats on the baby, you will so blessed by it.
    Can't wait to hear about how it changes your life and how you prepare for its coming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. USC 20
    1315
    Hey Winner!
    You need these numbers to complete the prize form on the prize page - http://www.5minutesformom.com/ultimate-blog-party-2010-prizes/

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...