1. I am totally fine with drinking unpasteurized milk and eating eggs fresh from the chicken coop, but I will not get within ten feet of that scary Amish Friendship Bread stuff. At least with the eggs and milk, you know exactly where it came from!
2. I don't share this little tidbit very often, but I was homeschooled all twelve years. Oh, I'm plenty proud of my education, but you'd be surprised at the prejudices people have against homeschoolers.
3. I have read The Bronze Bow every year since middle school. I don't even know why, because it's not my favorite book; it's just something I do. :-P
4. I own a coffee pot, a french press, and an espresso machine. You might say I like coffee! But I still limit myself to one cup a day.
5. My guilty pleasure: watching anime. But it has to be GOOD anime-- so I don't watch much. :-P
6. Foods you will never see cooked or consumed on this blog: mushrooms and green peppers. EW.
7. I liked Adam for an entire year secretly until he came around and realized what an awesome catch I was. ;-)
8. In high school, I went vegetarian for one month, and that was the best I've ever felt in my life!
9. When Pavarotti came to town on his final concert tour, I got to play violin in his orchestra! That was the coolest thing ever!
|If you squint reeeeeeally hard... I'm still not in the picture. :-(|
10. I am first-born through and through. Responsible, high-achiever, people-pleaser, can take charge if I really have to. Since my mom is also a first-born, that makes Baby D at least a third-generation firstborn. :-P
11. I am embarrassingly good at Mario Kart.
12. I was HUGELY inspired by St. Francis of Assisi as a teen. Even now, I love finding info about him.
13. I am a Francophile. I've been studying French since age 14, and I am chomping at the bit to go to France!
14. I am most seriously grieved by what happened to Littlest Pet Shop and Polly Pocket toys. Remember when those things actually looked like animals and actually fit in your pocket? Sigh.
|These look like animals.|
|These look like aliens.|
15. Most people start using mama cloth pads after cloth diapering their babies. For me, it was just the opposite! I started using cloth pads in college, and the difference in comfort was so phenomenal, I knew I couldn't put my future babies in plastic, either. :-P
16. Don't laugh, but I have always wanted to learn how to belly dance. Stop laughing!
17. I was briefly a church organist. I don't know how to play the organ.
18. I have also been Superintendent of Canned Foods at the county fair, but I don't know how to can. It is amazing the things you can do, even if you're a complete ignoramus!
19. I have no desire to quilt. Okay, maybe the crafter in me has a teensy weensy desire, but I just don't have the patience to cut a piece of fabric into zillions of tiny shapes, just so I can sew it all back together again. I really admire beautiful quiltwork, but I just don't think that's an activity I would enjoy!
|I have to admit, though, this is pretty darn cool.|
20. The first thing I ever cooked was a fried egg, when I was eight years old. My dad must have gotten sick of making PB&J for me, because he called me into the kitchen and gave me a cooking lesson!
21. I never had a cavity in my life until I went to college and started drinking juice on a regular basis. That stuff is not that great for you!
22. I had a very real fear of Borgs (from Star Trek) all the way into college. I just knew there was one in a dark corner, waiting to assimilate me!
23. Despite being quite tall (5'9" on a good day), I am TERRIBLE at basketball.
24. I hate hate HATE promise rings. Invented by greedy jewelers who just couldn't squeeze enough money out of the engaged and married folk, these rings make an underwhelming statement of love: "I promise to promise to get married!" Seriously, if you're going to wear a ring on that finger, just commit already!
|Look at me! I love to create really awkward situations when you ask if I'm engaged!|
25. It took me an entire day to come up with all these things. Gee, I need to learn how to skydive or something.