7.11.2010

Use It Up, Wear It Out: TOO... MUCH... FOOD!!!


We are drowning in food here! On the Fourth of July, I cleaned out the refrigerator, nearly emptying it in the process. One week later, it is busting at the seams, in spite of me hardly buying anything at all this week! We're still working on the 15 Bean Soup and the pupusas, as well as other bulk items like homemade yogurt and 5-minute Artisan bread, so I am loathe to make more stuff until there's more room in the fridge.


That being said, I'm still going to do seven days of Use It Up, Wear It Out; it just might be stretched over nine days or so. Since the whole point of this was to save money, I can't justify making all this stuff just for the sake of cooking, and then letting it go bad in the fridge!


On a very nice related note, I was able to stick to my budget of $15 for all work-related food expenses- including snacks and lunches!- for the week. Any of you coworkers who read this and know how much I pack away every day will think I'm joking, but it's true! I am amazed at how leftovers can REALLY save you money in the lunch department.


Well, it's about time to stop writing and start thinking about other stuff that needs to get done around here. Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...