1.03.2010

The Pregnancy Lowdown

So-- the cat's out of the bag! Adam and I are pregnant with our first baby! I am super excited! So, without further ado, here are all the answers to your burning questions.



How far along am I? Only about seven weeks-- which, I just realized, is mercifully halfway through the first trimester.


How am I feeling? Ooooh, don't make me go there! I am sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Fortunately, I've only had a few episodes of bowing before the porcelain throne, but I feel nauseous 24/7. Even thinking about food usually makes me green. Because of said nausea, I usually spend my free time lying down.


So what have I been eating? Things that would probably make a doctor blanch. I used to be a HUGE lover of all things green, leafy, and organic. Now, I can't stand the sight of vegetables. :-( I've been eating lots of string cheese, crackers, and baked potatoes. I've also started drinking at least two 24-ounce containers of water with lemon at work every day-- a huge increase from my camel-like ways.


So how am I getting any nutrients? Well, Adam's grandmother is a purveyor of fine Shaklee vitamin products, and as soon as she heard the news, she sent me big jars of multivitamins and B-Complex tablets. This baby is going to have the best neural tubes in the world, lol.


Any weird cravings/aversions? My latest craving is frozen yogurt. Great stuff! On the down side, my morning best friend and I have had to part ways. *sniff* I'm sorry, Coffee, it's not you, it's me.


How is Hubby taking it all? He is thrilled, and doesn't mind at all when I'm crabby/ravenous/helpless. I'm not letting him forget whose fault this is. :-P

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! I'm so very excited for you guys!! I had an inkling from your last post ;)

    I SOOOO identify with you on the string cheese and baked potato! That's what I lived on when I was sick, too!! (and they are quite good for you as far as protein and good calories) The crackers... eh, not so much, except Teddy Grahams and Goldfish. Any other cracker (or salty snacks, period) just didn't appeal to me. Applesauce was something else that I liked very much, but don't eat that often normally! I'm glad water is your pregnancy friend - I hope it stays that way! I was able to drink as much as I wanted the 1st trimester, when the 2nd one rolled in, for some reason it all changed and I had to be very careful how much I drank or else my stomach refused it :(

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...