....My Downright Domestic moments have been few and far between these past few months!
However, that is all changing. Opera is over till January, so there will be no more craziness in that direction for awhile! Also, Adam just turned in his two weeks' notice (school all day + work all night = a questionable academic future), so there won't be any more one-car, schedule-juggling insanity. Of course, on the flip side, this means that I need to somehow squeeze more hours out of my boss, or, preferably, get a better job.
(Honey, you can graduate anytime now!)
Oh yeah, I am SO ready for those days of bon-bons and daytime television. ;-)
Anyways, I have been progressively acting a little more Domestic every week. In a nutshell, I have:
- Baked that infamous artisan bread with great results!
- Decided what I'm making for my womenfolk relatives this Christmas. I'm super excited about this and can't wait to share it with you!
- Accomplished a lot more baking around here-- bringing muffins to work, taking scrumptious pumpkin scones to Sunday School... Adam says I'm already halfway to being a grandma.
- Started tackling the Bedroom Mess Monster. Oh, my word, y'all. I am seeing parts of the bedroom that haven't seen the light of day since we moved in 1 1/2 years ago!
- Last night, I pored over cookbooks and put together a meal plan, in which we eat the same dinner (or loose variation) on the same day of each week (Spaghetti Sunday, Baked Potato Thursday...). This was highly successful in our early marriage, so I'm hoping to be able to implement this again.
So that is what's on my plate right now. I will be keeping this blog updated on all that's going on above, so stay tuned!