1.29.2009

Silly Things at Work

I'm still very much the new Kid on the Block at work, but I am getting the hang of things pretty well! This the second week that I've been waitressing all by my lonesome, instead of trailing other waitresses to learn all their secrets. :-P And this means... tips! Hooray! It's so nice to actually be making money! Of course, now all the cashiers at Wal-Mart hate me because I pay in one-dollar bills these days, but I am thankful for every one of those George Washingtons. So, on to the silly things:


- Suffering a momentary lapse of intelligence, I asked a customer if they wanted sauerkraut on their burrito (should have been sour cream)

- Still having someone nearly every day ask why I'm named Maria

-Making flower pens (I should do a post on that sometime) to use at work. They are a big hit, and last night, one of my female customers went crazy over them and asked me all sorts of questions on how to make one, where to get the materials, etc. Oh, the bliss when a crafting soul meets another!

- Watching the 8-year-old girl (I'm guessing) handle the BIG responsibility of giving the money to the waitress (me), running back with the change, and then running right back with the tip, saying "Mommy wants you to have this!" Too cute.

- Me intensely concentrating on balancing something + my manager being so hyper for some reason that he inadvertently sneaked up behind me and yelled something = me screaming and providing the kitchen staff with something to laugh about all night


Somehow, I had three days off this week. I'm still scratching my head over that one, but I'm not going to question it. :-D Seeing that today is one of those free days, I'm going to get off and try to battle the household Clutter Monster. Later!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this! Sounds like you're having "fun" - at least as much "fun" as a job can be :P

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Downright Domesticity

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...